Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

This year I have a lot to be thankful about - so from me and my family to you and yours, we wish you a Happy Thanksgiving Day. But for some, I know you're struggling today, wanting to be thankful but filled with pain or anger. "I will praise God's name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving." - here in Psalm 69 David gives thanks in the midst of one of the roughest times in his life- in the miry depths where he says "I am worn out calling for help; my throat is parched. My eyes fail, looking for my God."

If you're in that place right now, I encourage you to read this Psalm. I also want to share a song called "Yet I Will Praise". Some of the lyrics are:

"Even when my heart is torn
I will praise (trust) You Lord

Even when I feel deserted I will praise You Lord
Even in the darkest valley I will praise You Lord
When my world is shattered and it seems all hope is gone
Yet I will praise You Lord"

"And I will not forget that you hung on a cross
Lord you bled and
died for me

And if I have to suffer
I know that you've been there
And I know that you're here now"

No comments: