Saturday, September 1, 2018

Greetings! It's been a while!

Hello good readers, I hope you're doing well :)


I see it's been about six years since I have made a post on this blog. It's not been due to inactivity in ministry or a lack of things to share. But it's been a very challenging time for me personally, facing burnout, depression, and decreasing motivation on many fronts. While I can't say I'm completely free from those struggles, I do feel like I want to share more and come out of this period too long in seclusion. :)


The past few years in a nutshell...
... our four kids have gone from tweens to wrapping up their teen years (both the kids and wife and I have survived!)
... after getting an M.Div. from Rockbridge Seminary I'm back in school (again) pursuing a D.Min. in Transformational Leadership
... I came on staff with a local church, kind of a utility infielder doing whatever was needed, and have transitioned to a new national role leading the professor ministry with an apologetics-centered campus ministry, Ratio Christi.
... I love my wife of 32 years more than I did my wedding day, and would do it all over again
... I remain committed to encouraging and equipping Christians to step up to God's call for their life.


Next post I'll share a recent story I hope you find interesting. Peace.

No comments: