Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

Here in the USA it's election day, and I'll join the crowd in encouraging everyone to get out and vote. But there's something else very important you need to do today...

If you are an American you have a civic duty to vote.

If you're a follower of Christ, you have another duty - to pray. Our citizenship is not here on earth but in heaven (Php 3:20). So my prayer today? That God will usher in the candidate whose election will lead to the greatest glory for God, for the expansion of His kingdom, whether that is through the person's greatness or incompetence, whether it's through prosperity for our nation or whether for hard times that draw people to Him.

I don't think my prayer will be a popular one today, but my confidence is in God, not man.

Thanks for reading! I have two bonus tips for you!

First, in the next election look for "early voting" centers if your area has them. I actually voted last week and the place was empty, no lines at all! 
Second, if you like coffee, be sure to go to Starbucks and tell them you voted, to get a free tall coffee.

No comments: