Monday, April 12, 2010

Kindle-competition post at Going To Seminary

The GoingToSeminary web site aims to help people considering or attending seminary with practical tips and inspiring articles, and information on what to consider as people consider God's call on their life. Earlier this month they had a competition for seminary students who wanted to share their journey with the world, offering a Kindle or other e-book reader as a prize. I was surprised but pleased to have been selected as one of the four winners (!) along with Nancy Wilson (Pregnant with Purpose), Gregory Hartnett (Developing a Reading Plan for Seminary) and Michael Eubanks (I Didn't Know What I Didn't Know).

My article was posted today at GoingToSeminary.com - "Seminary? Who, Me?!"

Have you ever thought about going to seminary? Chances are your answer is ‘No.’ Maybe “No, I’m not looking to become a minister” or “No, I want to do ministry, not just learn about it.” If you had asked me two years ago if I was thinking about seminary I would have said “No way!” Yet… I’m now near finishing at Rockbridge Seminary with a Master of Minister Leadership. I want to share a bit about how I came to that point, and why it might be something for you to consider...  [read the article]

The nature, format, and practicality of seminary has changed a lot in this new millennium. Maybe you've been thinking about it for a while; maybe you think God may be calling you to do something different; or maybe He wants to strengthen you right where you're at. In either case, going to seminary might just be something to consider.

No comments: