I left it at that, but thought about some other differences between a boss and a leader.
- A boss tells people what to do, a leader shows people what to do.
- A boss cares about what's best for himself or the organization, a leader cares about his people as much as about higher goals.
- A boss sees herself in a position of authority, a leader sees herself in a position of influence.
- A boss sets one set of rules for followers and another for himself, a leader sets a higher standard for himself.
- A hierarchical boss is to be served, a leader is a servant first and foremost.
- A boss hoards responsibility and authority, a leader gives them away.
- A boss is sometimes known for yelling, a leader is best know for listening.
- A boss wrings out the most from people, a leader brings out the best in people.
If husbands and deacons were better at being spiritual leaders than trying to be the boss, they would be a whole lot easier to follow, and life would be so much better!