Sunday, May 2, 2010

May your May be bright

Wow, I can't believe it's May already! April was a good month. A new month also means a new free audiobook from ChristianAudio.com. It's "The Hole in Our Gospel" by Richard Stearns and Thomas Nelson Publishers. "It is not just what you believe, but what you believe enough to do that matters." They describe it as:
This is a story of how a corporate CEO faced his own struggle to obey God whatever the cost, and his passionate call for Christians to change the world by actively living out their faith. Using his own journey as an example, Stearns explores the hole that exists in our understanding of the Gospel.
What else this month? Well, I wrote my very first page in a book idea I've been mulling over for a few months! That's certainly not a lot of progress, but for me getting started is often half the battle. More on that later.

Finally, an article I really liked over at Mac Lake's blog -- The Power of Informality in Leadership Development. There he describes how one of his mentors really made an impact on his life:
Looking back I see now he knew exactly what he was doing with me.  He would engage me in conversation about things in my life so he could create connection with me.  Then he would move the conversation to leadership and ministry.  As we discussed the challenges and successes he would ask questions, toss out ideas all which would stimulate engaging conversation.  Ideas would lead to dreams, dreams would lead to goals, goals would lead to action plans…all generated out of a “conversation”.  
Sometimes an informal approach is best.

No comments: