Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day! Every year on Father's Day I'm so thankful for the fantastic Dad I have, who's always been there for me, and who has taught me so much. In the past few years, I've also come to be very thankful for the amazing kids I have, who have taught me more about love than anyone else than my maker ever could.

Last week I got to see Connersvine in concert. My favorite song of theirs is "Hero", which Hunter wrote for his son, talking about how he wants to be there for his boy, and pass something on that lives beyond him. We were scheduled to play this song for Father's day, and I knew I was going to cry if we did, so I'm glad when we switched it out. :)

Little did I know that our Worship Leader would instead swap in a video of this song by Brad Paisley - "He Didn't Have to Be". Embedding is disabled, but you can view this song on YouTube - check it out.

It's about a Dad who was special because he chose to be a dad to this boy, a father who was special because he didn't have to be. As an adoptive father of four, I of course lost it on stage. I hate when I do that. But it's ok... it's Father's Day :)

No comments: