Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My Personal Purpose Statement

I thought it would be useful to write out a declaration of purpose, a personal statement, based on recent reflection on mid-life and the powerful grip of II Timothy 2:1-2 - “So, my son, throw yourself into this work for Christ. Pass on what you heard from me… to reliable leaders who are competent to teach others.” (paraphrase of ‘The Message’. See also: Luke 10:27, Philippians 2:3, II Thess 1:11-12)

"Today, recognizing God’s call and purpose for my life, I commit myself wholeheartedly to serving Him with all my heart, all my soul, all my strength and all my mind, loving my neighbor as myself. I commit to being a fully-devoted follower of Christ, and by his grace and power devote myself to encouraging and equipping others to be who God has called them to be, and do what God has called them to do. No longer content with living for myself and things that will fade away, I want to labor for things that will last. I want to step up to God’s call for my life, that by His power He may fulfill every good purpose in me, all for His glory. Considering what Christ has done for me, I can no longer be content with giving less than my all, for God’s desire is not just to touch lives, but to transform them."

No comments: